Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Sad News

About an hour ago I read the news that Erick Wujcik has been diagnosed with cancer. I, personally, have lost a grandmother (on my father's side) and grandfather (on my mother's side) to the disease. So the news that one of my idols is dying of cancer, weighs heavy on my heart.

I've only met Erick once; at the 2007 Palladium Open House where I had the pleasure to listen to him speak and participated in two of his games: After the Bomb and Entropy. It was a great weekend, one I was hoping to repeat at the next Open House. Unfortunately, the chances of that happening are now growing dim.

TMNT&OS was one of the first Palladium RPG's I bought. Then when After the Bomb came out I jumped on it -- I really enjoyed post-apocalyptic settings. I picked up all the TMNT and AtB supplements as soon as they came out, and was disappointed when they did not renew the licence and the 2nd Edition TMNT book was canceled.

Fortunately, most of the changes that were going to appear in TMNT 2nd ed. were put in the 2nd Edition After the Bomb book. Some of my fondest role-playing memories took place in the Mutants Down Under AtB setting where I took my friends character, Malcum, on a cross country adventure, a short detour to the moon, a mushroom forest, encounters with the Utrom, Triceratons, and a few jaunts back in time where he met up with the infamous Doc Ferall.

For all that fun, and all that is to come, I have Erick to thank.

Good Luck

No comments: