Thursday, October 25, 2007

War... War Never Changes

I know it's not exactly After the Bomb related, but I recently started playing the Fallout series again to help the get my creative juices start flowing. The Fallout series for the most part (exceptions being the console and tactics games) were great examples of what's been lost in the RPG video game market over the years.

When I heard of the FIFE (Flexible Isometric Fallout(-like) Engine) Project, I thought how great it would be for some AtB fan out there to create an AtB game with it. Ah well, doubt that it would ever happen, but one can always hope :)

Until then I will have to be content with playing FO & FO2, and maybe even FO3 when it comes out in 2008. Until then I leave you with these opening videos from the games.

Fallout (opening video & monologue)


Fallout 2 (opening monologue)


Fallout 3 (teaser)


Fallout Tactics (opening monologue)

No comments: